Need a Blog Tune Up?
Now that it’s September, many of us have put away our summer gear, and are in “back to school mode”. That makes it a perfect time to start new projects – or return to old ones.
Before you start changing up everything, let’s ease into things by looking under the hood of your blog. To avoid overwhelm, choose ONE area to improve this month. If you meet your goal early, move into another area. Online projects usually take longer than we expect, so go easy on yourself.
READ RELATED: Are You Ready For a Blog Revival?
Here are some possible ideas:
- What is the #1 thing you want people to do on your blog?
- Does your blog have clear navigation?
- What story is your blog telling?
- How is your blog traffic?
- What are your most popular blog posts?
- What are the keywords used most often to find your blog?
- What are the best traffic sources to your blog?
- Are you using consistent colors and fonts?
- Are you using the same banner photos on your social media accounts?
- Do the graphics have an identifiable look?
- What is the overall vibe of your blog?
- What STORY is your blog telling?
- Is there enough YOU in your blog?
- Is your content evergreen?
- Can you update any of your old blog posts?
- Are your blog posts “pajama-fied”?
- Do you need to add or update affiliate links?
- Do you have any broken links?
- Consider using video and/or audio content to your blog posts
How do you feel about your blog (and blogging in general)??? How connected are you to the content you’ve written? Could your blog benefit from a new direction or theme?
Ready for your blog tune up?
Easy Related Posts
How to Make Your Blog Unique
How to Make Your Blog Unique To make your blog unique is to have a blog ...read more
Writing the Perfect Blog Post
Writing the Perfect Blog Post Since Amy Price asked about how to write a blog post, ...read more
Blogging Your Life
Blogging Your Life “Get Paid, Blog Your Life” is the rallying cry of online entrepreneurs who ...read more
Make An Elevator Pitch That Works!
Make an Elevator Pitch That Works! To make an elevator pitch that works, I should probably ...read more